Saturday, February 17, 2018

The Golden Snitch Mini Quilt



I had a little left over of the quilted side panel of my recent Celestial Star bag (since the bag had no pattern, I made the side panels as one long segment and then only cut off what I needed once I could partially assemble the bag). The excess sat on the table for a few days while I debated what to make - either a super small pouch or a wall hanging. I was tidying up scraps and saw the one I used for the snitch and knew what I should make!

I used the bottom of clean single serve yogurt container for my circle for the snitch. I use steam-a-seam and cut out my snitch. I then chalked outlined it but did not applique it to the quilt yet. I then chalk outlined where I wanted the wings and stitched them (hiding the end under where the snitch will go). Only then did fully I applique the snitch on with Steam-a-seam. I then did a blanket edge stitch around the snitch. I added hanging tabs to the back and bound like a quilt.

I love the end result. It's perfect for my little one's room. Hopefully she'll love Harry Potter and quidditch just like me!


Pictured with a Marauder's Map Pouch.

Started Sunday February 11, 2018
Finished Thursday February 15, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment