Thursday, October 8, 2015

Summer Quilting

Welcome to my blog! I started sewing when I was a child and recently have picked it back up again thanks to my local quilt shop. I hope you enjoy seeing my progress and creations!


Simple Baby Quilt

This quilt was my reintroduction to sewing after a bit of time off. My local quilt shop was offering classes over summer, so I took advantage of this opportunity and learned how to properly make a quilt. Prior to this, most of my quilts were not bound but finished by inverting the fabrics. I also tended not to quilt them as much as I should have resulting in fabric shifting.

The class allowed me to the make the quilt top in one session. There was a follow up session to complete the quilt sandwich and binding.

The layout plan for the quilt
This baby quilt was made using one Persimmon by Basic Grey for Moda charm pack and matching binding and backing fabric from the line. I really love how this color palette works together. It was also a one of the few charm packs I saw that was more gender neutral. I am not sure what my plans are for this quilt yet, so I'm just keeping it for myself for now.

My pups, Luna, helping to model

No comments:

Post a Comment