Sunday, December 13, 2015

Organization

When I cut my fabrics, especially when I fussy cut, I end up with a fair amount of scraps left over. I try to save any scrap that is at least an inch by inch big, since those can be used in other projects later. The problem is what to do with them in the meantime.

All my Tula Pink scraps. The smallest scraps are in the Ziploc bag, while larger cuts are just in the box.

I have seen people use old glass jars before, but I found those to be too bulky. I'm also prone to breaking glass, so they posed a bit of safety hazard.

I began using shoe boxes, but then realized that Sephora's Christmas gift boxes are perfect and look much nicer! They are great boxes with two magnets on the flap to hold the box closed. Sephora offers these boxes in two sizes, and they are usually complimentary with your purchase during the holidays (while supplies last; may not apply in other countries). Online, I believe they charge for them, but I have never been charged in stores. Since I get my makeup there anyway, it's not hard to get a box with my purchase. The lady even gave me three boxes even though I only got two items. She told me that I'm not the only person who likes to use them for storage!
This year's box collection (note I only got 3 boxes, but wanted to show off the side view too)
The large box is approximately 10 x 9 x 4 inches
The small box is approximately 8 x 7 x 4 inches

These are such nice boxes and will look great year round!


My scrap boxes. From left to right: Any scraps, Heather Ross scraps, Tula Pink scraps. 

My large box from a prior year. It currently hold thread. I definitely prefer this year's boxes since this box looks more seasonal.

Thanks Sephora for these great boxes. I just wish you had these year round!

No comments:

Post a Comment