Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A Ghastlie Accessory Set


Since I have this fabric of Sebastian Ghastlie that I love, and I have new Cargo Duffle (The Ghastlie Cargo Duffle is here, the first Cargo Duffle I made is here), I wanted to make coordinating accessories.



First I made a simple quilted zipper pouch. There wasn't a pattern for this, I just used the fabric scraps I had and a zipper and made it work.


Second, I made another triple zip pouch. You can see my first one here. The pattern is by A Quilter's Table and the ending is by Marci Girl. Once you understand how this pouch goes, it's actually very easy to do. I think this is my fourth one, so it was a quick project now.

This one is different from the rest, since it made using only quilting cottons. I did nothing to line this pouch. I am interested to see how it holds up and compares!


Both these pouches have Sebastian Ghastlie as the main outer fabric. They are both lined with From Outside In by Malka Dubrawsky for Moda pattern #23235. I wanted a bright liner for contrast. Also bright liners make it easier to see into the pouch and find what you're looking for.

The liner fabric. I found most web images do not seem representative of it. They make the green too dark.






No comments:

Post a Comment