Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Hi(bear)nate Quilt Top


The Hi(bear)nate quilt top is a free pattern by Bonnie Christine for Art Gallery Fabrics. It is designed to go with Bonnie Christine's Hello, Bear collection.

In the Making has a made a kit for this quilt, using the colors shown. If you get the kit, I followed the pattern pretty closely, except that I changed some of the fabric choices. There will soon be a handout detailing the changes so you can make this exact quilt if you want. The kit is currently available in the store, and my quilt is there as a sample if you want to see it in person!

Also, be sure you print the pattern to scale! The PDF actually has writing all the way to the edges, so your printer will want to scale it down. This isn't a problem unless you use the triangle cut out pattern. To check, your triangle should be 10 inches tall.

I do strongly recommend getting an acrylic ruler for equilateral triangles though that is at least 10 inches tall. This will make cutting so much easier!

This quilt is much more manageable as a triangle introduction than my Tula Pink Triangle Quilt (see Part 1Part 2Part 3). Since these triangles are bigger and there are not as many of them, piecing the top was a lot faster than I thought it would be!

All cut out and ready to go!

I laid out all my pieces by rows, since that made chain piecing easier for me




No comments:

Post a Comment